Strategic Objective: To promote sustainable ecosystem rehabilitation and management, and equitable access to environmental resources including water, pasture, range and land.
- Sustainable water resource management and regional cooperation in water management in the ASALs.
- Enhance sustainable pasture, land and environmental management systems.
- Promote sustainable management of renewable energy.
- Support sustainable ecosystem rehabilitation, biodiversity, conservation and management.
- Support research and human capital development in ecological restoration, ecosystem management, environment and natural resources.
- Promote dry land production and productivity, research, technology innovation and patents, seed certification and seed networks.
- Ensure gender equity and women empowerment in planning and management of natural resources.
- Promote wide adoption of appropriate technologies and adaptation strategies to climate change.
- Inter-institutional collaboration and partnership for harmonization and support of regional capacity building training curricular / programs for ASALs’ pastoral and agro-pastoral development.
- Support and enhance partnerships at all levels.
- Harmonized and enabling policies on sustainable natural resources and environmental management within the IGAD region at all levels.
- Support Climate Change Resilience building programs.
Priority Intervention Areas (PIAs)
- PIA 1: Natural resources and environment management
- PIA 2: Market Access, Trade and Financial Services
- PIA 3: Livelihood Support and Basic Social services
- PIA 4: Disaster Risk Management, Preparedness and Effective Response
- PIA 5:Research, Knowledge Management and Technology Transfer
- PIA 6: Conflict Prevention, Resolution and Peace Building
- PIA 7: Coordination, Institutional Strengthening and Partnerships
- Priority Intervention Areas (PIAs)
We have 40 guests and no members online