Strategic Objective: Strengthen and support equitable and safe access to livelihoods and basic social services.
- Enhance equitable access to resources, organized markets and social services (including pasture, range, land, energy, water, sanitation, health, education and pro-poor financial services
- Enhance livestock, fisheries and wildlife health, production, processing, marketing, trade and management.
- Enhance bio-security and bio-safety of ASAL production systems, products, trade and mobility systems
- Enhance agricultural production and productivity
- Enhance income diversification
- Promote productive social and safety nets
- Support women involvement, participation and representation in decision making on livelihoods support and provision of basic social services
- Promote bio-resources and bio-security of pastoral production and value chains
- Support research and human capital development in livelihood support and basic social services; and
- Promote equitable access to education, healthcare, safe water and sanitation