IGAD Secretariat, IGAD Member States and a selected number of partners, as determined by the ES IGAD, will constitute the Regional Platform Steering Committee (PSC). The PSC will meet at least 4 times a year (on the last Thursday of Jan, April, June and October each year) in a manner and form (physical or virtual) as determined by the ES IGAD to be most cost effective. The members of PSC shall provide services Pro-bono.
The Regional Platform Steering Committee will initially have 30 members including:-
- IGAD Secretariat (6)
- Member States (8)
- AUC and NEPAD (1)
- EAC and COMESA (2)
- IGAD Business Forum (2)
- IGAD NGO Forum (1)
- Development (6) and implementing partners (2)
- Technical partners (2)
The Regional Platform Coordination Unit (Ex-officio, Secretary)
Functions of the Regional Platform Steering Committee.
The functions of the Regional Platform Steering Committee shall be but not limited to the following:-
- Liaising with various development and implementing partners including Member states to identify, prioritize and align areas of intervention at regional and mobilizing resources (human, financial and physical) for the proposed interventions and monitoring the subsequent interventions
- Coordinate actions at regional and member state levels including supporting Monitoring and Evaluation missions and socio-economic and conflict analysis.
- Approving [endorsing]
- the selection of organizations/service providers to be tasked with implementing the Platform’s activities and monitoring their performance.
- the Three-Year Action Plans, the annual Program of Activities and the associated budget
- Platform M and E reports
- Guiding and orienting the platform management, programming, communication strategy and monitoring and evaluation strategy.
- Amend and adopt and its own rules of procedure
A forum for all participating stakeholders of the resilience agenda in the region, which provides strategic direction towards the execution of IDDRSI strategy. The PSC has delivered its mandate by liaising with various development and implementing partners as well as member states, through biannual meetings. Since March 2013, the meetings of the IDDRSI Platform (Steering Committee and General Assembly) have been held regularly – the Steering Committee approximately every 6 months and the General Assembly once every year.
MEETINGS OF THE IDDRSI PLATFORM
SEPTEMBER 2011, NAIROBI
1ST RESILIENCE SUMMIT
JULY 2012, DJIBOUTI
1ST Interim Steering Committee
NOVEMBER 2012, DJIBOUTI
2ND Interim Steering Committee Meeting
FEBRUARY 2013, ADDIS ABABA
3RD Interim Steering Committee Meeting
1st GENERAL ASSEMBLY
OCTOBER 2013, DJIBOUTI
1ST Steering Committee Meeting
MARCH 2014, KAMPALA
2ND Steering Committee Meeting
2nd GENERAL ASSEMBLY
2nd RESILIENCE SUMMIT
NOVEMBER 2014, KHARTOUM
3RD Steering Committee Meeting
MARCH 2015, ADDIS ABABA
4TH Steering Committee Meeting
3RD GENERAL ASSEMBLY
NOVEMBER 2015, DJIBOUTI
5TH Steering Committee Mtng
APRIL 2016, NAIROBI
6TH Steering Committee Meeting
4th GENERAL ASSEMBLY