Since its inception and establishment in the post disarmament Karamoja, KDF has undertaken efforts to document the transformation of land and land related conflicts in the region, including efforts towards recovery and reconstruction. In the post disarmament period, the region experienced what was described by actors as relative peace characterised by return to ancestral lands, shared grazing resources, intertwined cross border relations, arrival of private investors and a large presence of government. However, during this period, prioritisation on physical infrastructure development was undertaken as compared to the management of local community conversations for sustainable peace. This informed the major focus of KDF work; to provide platforms for dialogue, lobby and advocacy. From 2019, manifestations of conflict started to be seen and a conflict which would have been managed through more concerted support to dialogue groups now exploded to armed violence and re-armament of rival groups. In this Karamoja conflict documentary, KDF shares experiences, efforts and proposals from actors that have engaged prior to and during the conflict with a call to action by relevant actors.
- IGAD Marked the 10th Anniversary of IDDRSI with Renewed Commitments to Resilience in the Region November 26, 2023
- Save the date for 16th PSC and 9th GA Meeting September 13, 2023
- Regional Focus of the Global Report on Food Crises 2023 – Number of people facing acute food insecurity rose to over 55 million across the IGAD region in 2022 June 14, 2023
- The first Regional Steering Committee Meeting of the program to Build Resilience for Food and Nutrition Security in the Horn of Africa (BREFONS) was organized in Djibouti June 8, 2023
- Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Greater Horn of Africa May 7, 2023
No event found!