Funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) STRERP’s direct food, water, fodder, and medical assistance will provide relief to meet the immediate hunger and malnutrition needs faced by communities affected by drought, conflicts, and famine in Somalia and South Sudan. It will also provide food for more able-bodied members of beneficiary households to enable them to engage in restoration and creation of community assets that will assist the targeted communities in enhancing livelihoods and build resilience against future shocks. IGAD will oversee the implementation of the project through an agency to be recruited in each of the countries.
- Summary of online discussion on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the delivery of SECCCI project objectives August 10, 2020
- Urgent action required to prevent a major food crisis in Eastern Africa: IGAD-FAO-WFP joint statement 27 July 2020 July 28, 2020
- RVF: IGAD and FAO Advise Countries to Remain Vigilant July 15, 2020
- Desert Locust Projection 16th-31st July 2020 July 15, 2020
- BORESHA Donates COVID-19 Response Materials to Mandera County July 3, 2020
No event found!