Funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) STRERP’s direct food, water, fodder, and medical assistance will provide relief to meet the immediate hunger and malnutrition needs faced by communities affected by drought, conflicts, and famine in Somalia and South Sudan. It will also provide food for more able-bodied members of beneficiary households to enable them to engage in restoration and creation of community assets that will assist the targeted communities in enhancing livelihoods and build resilience against future shocks. IGAD will oversee the implementation of the project through an agency to be recruited in each of the countries.
- ICPAC launches Drought Watch System November 10, 2021
- IGAD organises share fair to share good practices in mainstreaming gender in cross-border resilience interventions September 1, 2021
- Karamoja Conflict: Time is up for Action! April 28, 2021
- La Niña: forecasted drier than usual season poses risks to crops and livestock in some parts of the region November 11, 2020
- Transhumance routes for survival September 23, 2020
No event found!