Funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) STRERP’s direct food, water, fodder, and medical assistance will provide relief to meet the immediate hunger and malnutrition needs faced by communities affected by drought, conflicts, and famine in Somalia and South Sudan. It will also provide food for more able-bodied members of beneficiary households to enable them to engage in restoration and creation of community assets that will assist the targeted communities in enhancing livelihoods and build resilience against future shocks. IGAD will oversee the implementation of the project through an agency to be recruited in each of the countries.
- Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Greater Horn of Africa May 7, 2023
- The Global Report on Food Crises (GRFC) 2023 May 3, 2023
- The 15th Steering Committee Meeting of its Drought Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Initiative (IDDRSI) December 13, 2022
- WATCH IGAD Gender and Resilience Knowledge Share Fair 2022 November 23, 2022
- Save the date for the launching of the Program to build Resilience for Food and Nutrition Security in the Horn of Africa (BREFONS) October 24, 2022
No event found!