Funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) STRERP’s direct food, water, fodder, and medical assistance will provide relief to meet the immediate hunger and malnutrition needs faced by communities affected by drought, conflicts, and famine in Somalia and South Sudan. It will also provide food for more able-bodied members of beneficiary households to enable them to engage in restoration and creation of community assets that will assist the targeted communities in enhancing livelihoods and build resilience against future shocks. IGAD will oversee the implementation of the project through an agency to be recruited in each of the countries.
- IGAD Marked the 10th Anniversary of IDDRSI with Renewed Commitments to Resilience in the Region November 26, 2023
- Save the date for 16th PSC and 9th GA Meeting September 13, 2023
- Regional Focus of the Global Report on Food Crises 2023 – Number of people facing acute food insecurity rose to over 55 million across the IGAD region in 2022 June 14, 2023
- The first Regional Steering Committee Meeting of the program to Build Resilience for Food and Nutrition Security in the Horn of Africa (BREFONS) was organized in Djibouti June 8, 2023
- Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Greater Horn of Africa May 7, 2023
No event found!